a little off topic.....macro or micro lenses(need help)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mrtac2man, Jun 15, 2005.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    getting ready to purchase a macro or as nikon calls them micro lens.. going to be using it on my D70 would like to hear what most of you use and what you would recommend... $300-$600 or a little more for top quality.. Thanks in advance
    Tim
    D70
    Kit Lens
    Sigma 70-200 F2.8
    and want list to long to type

2. what types of subjects are you wanting to work with? What lenses have you looked at so far?
    You do have a tripod, right?
    Dave

3. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    yes i have a tripod and looking at doing insects and flowers and who know what else... lol... thinking about the sigma 150 or the nikon 105

4. I have the Nikon 105mm f2.8 lens and I like it. It is sharp but also gives you a little more working distance than the 60mm.

5. I would encourage you to spend the little more and get the nikon, I am pretty sure you will apreciate the quality and the images it renders. The sigma is no slouch either and you get slightly more working distance to your subject as Gordon alludes to, But as he also mentions, the 105 is TACK SHARP.
    Looking forward to your images after you make your purchase.

6. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Thanks for the info guys... got a feeling its going to be the Nikon....
    Tim