A little out of the norm.... (drawing)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Greetings All:
    I don't post or comment as much as I would like but there are only so many hours in a day and I’m short about 10....
    So before I depart for England to take a photo or two. I thought I would wish everyone a "Happy Easter" and leave you with a piece that I created.
    This might not be considered photography anymore. But it was fun to do and the client was quit happy to get it.
    Again .... Happy Easter to all.

2. Love it, you are a talented man. Have fun in England and post when you get back.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice technique Doug! Is this a drawing of a photo or a photo processed to look like a drawing? I'll guess the latter because of the detail. I like it a lot, Thanks!

4. Thank....
    With luck the weather will be okay and I won't get rained out....
    Talk to you when I get back.

5. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

Heading for anywhere special in the UK Doug?? Perhaps some of us UK residents can help with special locations you might want to visit - depending on where you are heading.

6. Hi Chris...
    This is an image processed into a drawing. When I did it I considered washing out a little of the detail but desided to let it stay. Now you have me wondering if that was a good move or not....lol
    Oh well, I guess it will stay as it is...

7. I'm doing a couple things....
    I'll be in Cambridge to photograph their graduation ceremony. Then will be back in the London area to photograph a wedding on April 8th.
    Thanks for the offer but at this point it looks like my schedule will be quit tight.

8. I like it Doug. Very nice........especially with the color in the flower. :) :) :)

9. Great stuff as usual, Doug :). Thanks for the holiday wishes, and right back at you. Have a great holiday.

10. You're going to England looking for good weather in March? Dream on!
    Where you going? The wife and I love England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Rich

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Doug,

I don't blame your client for liking this shot. I would be too. :wink:

Have a safe and fun trip. Can't wait to see your posts when you get back.

Frank

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Doug,

Very Beautiful.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday.
    Regards
    Gale

13. Hi Rich:
    As I mentioned above I have a couple different stops to make both in Cambridge and in the london area itself.
    I'm going to shoot a grad event in Cambridge and then take a few images at a wedding around London.

14. Greetings Bryan, (2) Franks and Gale.....
    Thanks for looking in and thanks for the kind words.