A little project I’m working on

Real Name
Chris
Doing a fun little piece for a beauty line. Little more challenging than I had anticipated, got lots to tweak and get better. But here’s an initial concept shot.
D6B21848-BBA3-47E2-A0F3-D26D3095F969.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
T
Definitely a good start. I look forward to viewing the finished product!
The original concept was to have the actual product refract in the water drop, (hardly original but it fits with the product background well) but I am having a heck of a time with getting enough water exposed high enough to refract right and the lighting is kicking my butt lol. Fun to try different set ups though, and practice my stacking, I still have a very long ways to go haha

The original concept was to have the actual product refract in the water drop

Now I'm confused. Is the thing in the center a water drop? Do you really mean refract or do you mean reflect? If you mean reflect, how did you get the text to display so it wouldn't be a like a backward mirror image? I may be wrong, but I think water drops reflect a mirror image.

Real Name
Chris
Now I'm confused. Is the thing in the center a water drop? Do you really mean refract or do you mean reflect? If you mean reflect, how did you get the text to display so it wouldn't be a like a backward mirror image? I may be wrong, but I think water drops reflect a mirror image.
I may have my terminology wrong. I thought Refract was the correct term for when the product would be behind the water drop and essentially acting as a lens itself showing the product in the drop (like a lens ball). The image I have here I just photoshopped the logo from the bottle onto the water as a starting point for proof of concept.

I thought Refract was the correct term for when the product would be behind the water drop and essentially acting as a lens itself showing the product in the drop (like a lens ball).

I think you're right. I couldn't and still can't think of how you're going to make that happen, so I assumed you were putting the product between the water drop and lens, which would produce a reflection.

Real Name
Chris
I think you're right. I couldn't and still can't think of how you're going to make that happen, so I assumed you were putting the product between the water drop and lens, which would produce a reflection.
Yeah I thought about that too, definitely going to give it a shot! Thanks for the thoughts!

Real Name
Chris
All I can think is "that's really cool". My skills are nowhere near that.. bravo
Thanks so much. It’s not really all that hard honestly from a technical stand point. The hardest part is working the light and reflections appropriately.

Latest threads

Top Bottom