1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A little role reversal...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Many of you have seen the numerous shots that I've taken of my girlfriend Nafeesah. Well since I finally got my AB and octabox, I've been on the other side of the camera a little and Nafeesah has been photographing me. Looks like I could use a background light and/or a hairlight...

Here's one of my favorites of me...

[​IMG]

I'll look at the others and maybe add a few images to this post when I get home. Comments always welcome.

Oh, and for those that don't know here's my girl...

[​IMG]

2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Shes got skillz! Watch out...better get her a NC account.

3. :)  She's better than me in certain aspects, especially creativity, and composition... Even though the accounts here are free, she wouldn't spend much time in here. :biggrin:

4. Nice shots Keith, I agree about the hair light.

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

That first one would make for a refreshingly new avatar too...

6. I like the first image Keith, she has a good eye!

The second is good too, but for me, I would have liked her head a little more to the right of the frame, as it is a horizontal format, I just feel the composition may work better.

But, as i always say, what do I know!

Better hide all that fancy gear............ she could put you out of business! :eek: 

G

7. Thanks Gordon. I think I will start using my SB's as additional light sources. I have to get another light stand.

Thank Joshua. I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks Graeme!! She can't put me out of business... we're in business together!! LMAO I agree about the composition of the 2nd image, but it was just a quick shot during our alien bee testing session.

8. Very nice lady you have there! Careful though, if she gets addicted to this photography thing you won't be able to keep her out of your camera bag!!!

9. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Keith, your girl has some skill and has captured an excellent shot of you. I really like the background behind you.

Your shot of her isn't too shabby either. Which of your wonderful lenses did you use?

Looks like your giving your AB a fine workout, have you replaced the flashtube yet? Just kidding....

The crystal ball says that there's at least another AB in your future :biggrin:

As a side note, I'm still waiting on the reflector :Shocked:

10. It's funny that you say that Francois. It was actually her idea to buy that first D70 almost 2 years ago. It's a good thing we don't live together, my bag stays here, and she's got her own... LOL

Yes, she's definitely skilled. If I had 20% of her creativity I'd be making tons of money doing this stuff!!! The background is actually the fireplace at her parent's home.

The shot of me was taken with the 85mm 1.4, and the shot of her was taken with the Beast (28-70 2.8). The AB has had a decent workout, but I don't think I'll need to replace the tube anytime soon... :biggrin: I've been tempted to by that other AB800 in the for sale forum but the Mastercard bill that I just received is telling me NO!!!! :mad: 

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on that reflector....that stinks. :frown:

11. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Both are nice Keith. I agree you need a hairlight. Tell Nafeesah that she is good too!

12. Thanks Banhup!! I have to admit, she's better than me at what she likes to shoot...

13. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    She did a great job Keith. I really like the lighting in the shot of you - very dramatic. I think you should have her shoot that pose again with a plain BG -it's a really good shot, and a great look - very GQ.

Nafeesah's shot.........well, she looks great as always.

14. Thanks Fred! For some reason that day I didn't feel like setting up the background... :biggrin:

15. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Regardless, of lighting, I would think about using this as your new avatar! I like the dramatic pose.

Wade

16. Thanks Wade!! I thought about it too... Maybe I'll make that change.

17. Very nice! - hide your gear now!!! :eek: 

Maybe a bit of reflector fill on the right might be good.

18. Thanks Sandi! It's funny that you say that about the reflector...it was set up, but I don't think it was close enough to me to make a difference.

19. Two nice images Keith & Nafeesah. You now have two assistants don't you. Nafeesah and wans't there a young fellow that helped you out with your D70 and 50mm one day? Is he still in training?

20. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Oh yea, it makes a great avatar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.