A little tribute to Yves aka Boobie Joe

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Oct 29, 2005.

1. I stoped by Yves's working place last Friday. The man is in pretty good shape - quite busy, body and soul. I've known this guy first from his photographies that always provoked my admiration. He's light years ahead. Just thought I'd post these taken from one of his favourite spots - as a maner of paying him a tribute. Gee, he's responsible for me to join the Cafe after all.
    42085545-L.

42085562-L.

42085522-L.

2. Shades of Yves. Your images are really nice Christian and I must assume you have his gold/blue filter as well?? Excellent.

3. Wonderful and a fine tribute as well.
    Dave

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic ELF

Wow

Great tribute for sure and a great teacher he is.

Now we just need to get this silly butt down here to Florida.. Hey ya wanna come toooooooooo :>)))))))

They are just gorgeous.

5. Thanks. :wink: I do have my own Gold/Blue polar, but didn't use it on these.

BTW. The last one is with my new Sigma 10-20. Looks like a lot of fun ahead. I love to shoot wide angle.

6. That place look fantastic to take pictures, where is it?

7. Very nice series Christian. You'll always get some nice shots there, whatever season it is.

8. Beautiful ... and nice of Mother Nature to provide you with a blue/gold filter :wink: Lovely warm light...

9. I like the water on that first one a lot. As well as the incredible lighting.

10. The light was changing so rapidly. A matter of seconds, litterally. My shot right after this one has just caught the faded light and comes out flat, after onlly the time required to flip to horizontal framing on the tripod.

11. Nicely done, Christian. Good tribute to our friend Boobie Joe. Love the colors, the pattern and the texture in the second shot. It looks like a piano keys abstract picture.

12. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Christian. Excellent captures. Yves, is a supurb photographer and friend. His vision is unlike any other that I have seen.

Your tribute to him with your captures are just fantastic. I am really interested in the 10-20 so you will have to give us a review soon.

13. Just beautiful. It's great to see such talent!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. I think Yves is a pretty special guy too!

14. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Just saw this post. Excellent images. I'll certainly be looking for more of yours.