A little twirl of the umbrella

Discussion in 'People' started by Phillip Ino, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Well well, here's one that wasn't taken at 1.4 :tongue:

2709030742_7238968158_b.jpg

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I like it, she's so cute! Glad to see you have a willing model.

3. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Francis Joseph,

I like everything about this shot! And what a cute model!! Do you have more?

Mike

4. Cute! It must be nice having a *willing* model....mine have lost interest, and the silliest of faces and weirdest of noises won't get them to look at the camera anymore, LOL!

5. Frame it:smile: I like everything about it, beautiful model and lighting is spot on for my taste. What a smile.
    Tim

6. francis
    what a cool shot
    i like it

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you, Linda. I love her huge front tooth lol :biggrin:

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Mike! There will always be more...she has no choice but to be photographed :tongue:

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Well I don't always get this lucky. She has her days where she'll automatically cover her face when I walk into the room lol. Just give it some time, they'll open up sooner or later :wink:

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you, Tim. Been trying out NX2 and I think I am liking what I'm seeing, too. :smile:

11. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Danke, Greg. Wish I had a more colorful umbrella!

12. CougarWilbur

CougarWilbur Guest

Lets see if I can figure out how you lit this lovely image.

Natural light or reflector from camera left, light through umbrella from above slightly camera right. A light, low camera right pointing up into the umbrella with a snoot?

Strobes or continuous lights?

13. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Keith! Would you believe it, I didn't use any kind of flash. This is all natural light. The sun from behind, shining on window and reflecting back on Sophie :biggrin:

14. CougarWilbur

CougarWilbur Guest

Cool! So much for the catchlights in her eye's.
    Describe what is behind the umbrella and to lower camera right to produce the catchlights.

15. chandler

chandler

Oct 21, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I like this type of skin tone...not over-saturated and accurate

16. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Hi Francis - GREAT shot, she is beautiful. Like Keith I was trying to figure out the lighting - amazing natural light without flash! What caused the catchlights?

17. Beautiful picture, the only one willing in my family any more to be photographed is the doggie... everyone else ignores me with the camera! Beautiful model.

18. what a GORGEOUS capture!!!

19. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you, Raj. I owe it all to NX2 :tongue:

20. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you very much, Leah! It was taken mid-day when the sun was directly to her back, shining thru the umbrella. The window in front of her is 6ft tall by 5 ft wide. The catch light is actually a reflection off of a patio table that we have in front of the window. This wasn't a planned shot, just a candid that happend to work out :biggrin: