A memory card full of Harriers

Went out this morning with the intentions of shooting Short Eared Owls but instead found myself shooting almost nothing but Harriers. That's the way is goes something we shoot what gets out in front of us.

DSC_1102 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_1139 72wf.jpg

Louie

Equipment question.
I see the 600mm prime on the d5, and a sony a9 and an $1800 200-600mm- both with 1.4 tx.
How would you compare the shooting and images? I am using the 200-600 with a a7riv and really like it- but have not shot with the 600 prime a lot yet.
Just curious what I am missing.
thanks
gary

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Went out this morning with the intentions of shooting Short Eared Owls but instead found myself shooting almost nothing but Harriers. That's the way is goes something we shoot what gets out in front of us.

View attachment 1677853

View attachment 1677854

View attachment 1677855

View attachment 1677856

View attachment 1677857

Louie
Oh my God, Louie!
"Nothing but harriers…" sounds funny.
No excuses, these pictures are marvelous.

Kind regards
Klaus

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Outstanding "work" as usual, Louie! You certainly have some target-rich environments fairly near you! And your skills have been improving over the last couple of years. It appears you've learned how to get the best out of both sets of gear! Just proves....it's the photographer - not the gear!

Thanks Alex.
Great images.
Jay Maisel always said never have a plan when you go out shooting, just go out.
What a great series- luck favors the prepared.
gary
Thanks Gary, I really appreciate your commenting.
Equipment question.
I see the 600mm prime on the d5, and a sony a9 and an $1800 200-600mm- both with 1.4 tx.
How would you compare the shooting and images? I am using the 200-600 with a a7riv and really like it- but have not shot with the 600 prime a lot yet.
Just curious what I am missing.
thanks
gary
Again, thanks Gary, I find that shooting with the 200-600 with the TC1.4 is no issue at all as long as there is reasonable good light. For what I do with my images I'm not sure I can tell any difference at all with or without the TC on the Sony lens. As to comparing shot between the Nikon setup and the Sony setup, again to me it's a toss up I can't see a difference. In summary, I think the difference between the two systems are so small, if at all, that I don't hesitate to shoot with either system. One noted exception, with the Nikon 600mm being an F4 gives you a better boken for those close in shots.
You're killing me! Another exceptional set!
Thanks Andreas, most appreciated.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom