A missed shot... or was it?

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 30, 2005.

1. I was lined up to take a snap of the bride and her auntie when a freak gust of wind blew the veil over both of
    their heads. My first thought was to delete it, but now that I've edited it a bit, I'm thinking it's kind of cute...

Here they are in the next shot, with their faces showing. Unfortunately, the groom move in on them, but I can understand why :lol:.

View attachment 7970

2. Very nice, as are all of those I have seen from that shoot. I would say my favorites among the people photographs I've taken were almost all not planned or intended.

The best composition I have ever created was a complete accident! :)

3. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I like #1 better than #2 actually

The gust of wind created a spontaneous pic and it looks like a lot of subject fun matter - it works I reckon.

4. Very nice interaction between the subjects in both photographs Frank.

5. aw, man, NEVER delete until you've had a day or so...

Yikes, I know what could have happened, as I used to be quick on the delete button, until once when I realized the next day that a few images I'd scoffed at actually had what I needed to do a specific effect I wanted. Almost broke my leg kicking myself.

Good thing you didn't delete that. Moments like that are the cool stuff that people want to remember from weddings... Very nicely done.

6. Nice shots Frank!! :D :D :D

7. Why, Ed Naz! Great to see you over here, my friend :). I'll look forward to many conversations over our Nikon-coffee.

8. Hey, thanks, Ed, Simon, and Bryan! You've helped confirm that I was right not to delete that shot.

9. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Frank that first shot is just great. Can't go wrong with something like that to just lighten the
    moment. Helps to put a real smile on the face.

10. Thanks, Todd!

Hey, I see I've made a mistake. The second shot isn't the same pair of ladies. The dresses are different. The gal in the first shot was one of the junior brides maids.