A missed shot... or was it?

I was lined up to take a snap of the bride and her auntie when a freak gust of wind blew the veil over both of
their heads. My first thought was to delete it, but now that I've edited it a bit, I'm thinking it's kind of cute...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here they are in the next shot, with their faces showing. Unfortunately, the groom move in on them, but I can understand why :lol:.

View attachment 7970

Very nice, as are all of those I have seen from that shoot. I would say my favorites among the people photographs I've taken were almost all not planned or intended.

The best composition I have ever created was a complete accident! :)

I like #1 better than #2 actually

The gust of wind created a spontaneous pic and it looks like a lot of subject fun matter - it works I reckon.

aw, man, NEVER delete until you've had a day or so...

Yikes, I know what could have happened, as I used to be quick on the delete button, until once when I realized the next day that a few images I'd scoffed at actually had what I needed to do a specific effect I wanted. Almost broke my leg kicking myself.

Good thing you didn't delete that. Moments like that are the cool stuff that people want to remember from weddings... Very nicely done.

Thanks, Todd!

Hey, I see I've made a mistake. The second shot isn't the same pair of ladies. The dresses are different. The gal in the first shot was one of the junior brides maids.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom