A moment of silence.. please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokey Pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.
    Jarrell

2. I'm sad and laughing at the same time.

3. Hahahahahaha

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ohhhh my

5. Jarell, I guess it's too late for you to change your attitude - fortunately.

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

6. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Very funny, but he actually died in 1996

7. I always thought that it was an english man who wrote it. We call it THE HOKEY COKEY. See below

He also died in 1996.

The authorship of the Hokey Pokey is disputed, with British/Irish songwriter Jimmy Kennedy claiming to have written the original (entitled Cokey-Cokey) during WWII. Robert Degan sued LaPrise for copyright infringement of his 1946 The Hokey-Pokey Dance. They settled out of court.

Bob F.

8. LOL, may he shake in peace.:biggrin:

9. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Jarrell,

That was great. However, somehow my wife did not find it as funny as I did.

10. I am laughing so hard, my stomach hurts...Thanks, I needed that!

11. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    :actions1::505:

12. How on earth did this thing get resurrected after so long???? LOL

Good one, Jarrell, good one!

13. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Sandi,

I was doing searches on WWII images and such and this thread was listed. It was terribly funny and I responded. Now you know the rest of the story.

14. I woke my wife up laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then she was standing at the door saying, "do I need to come see?" I read it to her and now she can not go back to sleep, oh my I will pay for this.

15. I laughed harder this time than the first time I saw it...I'm still laughing...how is that possible?? :biggrin:

16. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Because you got half way into it realized what it was but still kept reading anyways hoping you were wrong but then you found out that you weren't. So all you could do is laugh at the joke and yourself...

Either that or your taste in humor has changed..:biggrin:

17. Another little cultural differance.. we call it the Hokey Cokey.

18. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    If we called it that here, we would have to rate it R.

19. Very funny Jarrell!

20. OH! WOW!

you started out so heart warming and finished with me crying from laughter! :biggrin: