A Monarch

Well finally a Monarch arrived.Don't know where they are this year.anyone else exprienceing this?

DSC_6431.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's the same up here.

I've seen one worn female, probably a migrant, and have heard of only one other positive i.d. in the province. Any milkweeds I've checked showed no signs of caterpillar activity. I miss them.

Cheers,

Larry

Same here Larry,Even swallow tails and spice,Well thanks for looking and your input

Great capture Arnie. The monarchs, swallowtails and skippers have been scarce this summer. I finally had a few visitors yesterday. I think the late frost in my area (near the end of May) did a lot of damage. I hope the numbers begin to pick up soon.

Great capture Arnie. The monarchs, swallowtails and skippers have been scarce this summer. I finally had a few visitors yesterday. I think the late frost in my area (near the end of May) did a lot of damage. I hope the numbers begin to pick up soon.

Thanks Crystall for the comment.Not much here .I got this one at the local gardens.Looks like a quiet summer.

Same here. No caterpillars on the milkweed either. No tiger swallowtails. Weird.

Yours is a very nice shot.
Thanks Birgit for the nice comment.I guess it's gonna be birds again.Not much else going on yet.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom