A Morning on the Water with Mike

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jose Suro, May 25, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I apologize for not being around but I took a much needed hiatus from photography and the boards since about Mother's day. This until last Wednesday, when Mike (Aka Birdman) so graciously invited Ron and I for a morning shoot on his boat. I'm about to jump into some major house renovations starting next Tuesday so I will in all probability be away for a while again. Here's the shots from Mike's boat:

Thanks Mike!!!

And thank all for looking!

D200 - 300mm/F4 - all handheld

(lucked out on this first one - handheld from a boat at 1/160s, ISO 800!)

2. These are exceptional Jose!!
  3. WOW images Jose!
  4. tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Wow x 4. One for each image.
  5. Awww ain't them there ospreys sooooo cute. Nice shooting Jose. It was good to shoot with you and Ron again. Hope to do it again soon. Went back out this morning to fight the wind and tide....but did get the ospreys to perform. Must have been that silly looking hat you had on that scared them the other day. *-)
  6. Beautiful set, Jose!
  7. Very nice osprey shots.

The last shot is crying for the caption: "So Dad, what'dya think I should have done?"
  8. Great shots Jose Hope the housework goes well
  9. WOW, as always Jose your photos are just stunning! Keep em comin!
  10. Nice shots Jose, and nice to see you posting again! and BTW Mike I would like to bok a place in the boat when I'm down the next time!!!
  11. Beautiful. You sure captured some great osprey shots here. Well done.
  12. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well done Jose
    Good to see you again.
    You got a young one flying:>)) the red eye

Beautiful shots

Don't work to hard on the house now.
  13. Nice shots Jose. Beautiful images of a beautiful bird. Mike does know where to find them.
  14. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Jose these are great,hope my 300 f4 will get me shots like this again a job very well done
  15. These are great shots! As a member of the 300 f4 fan club, I think the lens attracts super subjects.
  16. senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Great shots. #2 is excelent. I will be going on a boat vacation for week next month so I am interested in any advise on shooting from a boat.
  17. fantastic
  18. Let me get this straight, with the 300 f/4 and no TC? Excuse while I go browse in Lens Lust some more!
  19. Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the kind words. I love the 300/F4 - sure will miss it .....