A morning with the Short Eared Owls

The wait wasn't long after the long drive and wondering out in the very cold field before my efforts started paying off, I saw my first Short Eared Owl for the year. It wasn't much longer before yet another and another SEO appeared along with the Harriers both a female and male. So for the next few hours I had quite a bit of excitement in shooting both the harriers and SEO's.
Here's just a few of the many images shot that morning.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Louie

Wow. Awesome set of images, Louie. You got it all. Great light, good action, and flawless technical execution. Really nice. I love the action in the first one but that third shot is about a perfect shot IMO. You got eye contact, motion toward the camera, and visibility of both dorsal and underside of the wings. Great job.

What did I do today? Shoveled snow and walked the dog in a blizzard :(

BTW I'm always amused when I see a shot like no.2 or 4. These guys look like the head is three times too big for their body.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
AMAZING! I wanna walk in a field with you!!!! Just seeing these birds in person would be such a treat! Print #3 BIG!

Thank goodness you can create and share such stunning images with us!!!! Great warm up for Bosque...............!

Wow. Awesome set of images, Louie. You got it all. Great light, good action, and flawless technical execution. Really nice. I love the action in the first one but that third shot is about a perfect shot IMO. You got eye contact, motion toward the camera, and visibility of both dorsal and underside of the wings. Great job.

What did I do today? Shoveled snow and walked the dog in a blizzard :(

BTW I'm always amused when I see a shot like no.2 or 4. These guys look like the head is three times too big for their body.
Thanks very much Dan, I appreciate your comments very much. And yes, this is much better than shoveling snow.
These blow me away, Louie, especially #3. It must have been a terrific outing. And . . . that first shot makes my neck hurt!;)
Thanks, appreciate it.
Wonderful Louis, really locked on those bright yellow eyes, Great set!
Thank you.
AMAZING! I wanna walk in a field with you!!!! Just seeing these birds in person would be such a treat! Print #3 BIG!

Thank goodness you can create and share such stunning images with us!!!! Great warm up for Bosque...............!
Really appreciate your comments Karen, thank you. Wish I was going to Bosque this year but I'm afraid that's out due to all of the closures down there.

Great shots Louie but I can't look at them because they were shot with Sony equipment :)
Thanks very much, and yes I know those darn Sony camera images keep popping up.
Amazing...#3 is my favorite of a great set!

Glenn
Thanks very much Glenn.
These are just plain great so hard to capture, they are so shifty, well done
Most appreciated Andreas, thank you.
Thanks.
Incredible. Love #3. Excellent work.
Thank you,

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom