A morning with the Snowies of Merritt Island

I've spent the last four 5 days in Coca Beach visiting family, but I had the mornings free so I made to Merritt Island's Black Point Drive as well as over to Viera Wetlands. Boy have these two areas ever changed since I was there just a year and a half ago. Had a great time at both locations, this is a sequence of a Snowy Egret doing its thing hunting, incredible to watch them let alone in a position to capture some of the action.

DSC07049 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC07084 72wf.jpg

DSC07085 72wf.jpg

DSC07086 72WF.jpg

DSC07087 72wf.jpg

DSC07088 72wf.jpg

DSC07182 72wf.jpg

Louie

Real Name
Dan
Crazy detail and crazy action. I really like the position on the bird in the first shot and the action of the rest. Really nicely done, Louie. Not helping me resist the draw of Sony...

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Impressive shots, Louie! Your skills are getting everything out of the Sony it has to offer! Incredible details and sharpness. So much more interesting than "birds on a stick" shots! Well done!

Some very nice work Louie, Don't believe I've ever seen Snowy's hunting like that on the fly. I've always seen them in the wading throught the waters and then make their attack.

Last edited:
Thanks Karl, it was kind of a Wow week for me.
Crazy detail and crazy action. I really like the position on the bird in the first shot and the action of the rest. Really nicely done, Louie. Not helping me resist the draw of Sony...
Thanks very much Dan, the A1 performed very well for me on this trip, no complaints at all.

I like them, especially the poses in 3 and 4. (Viera really has changed.)
Thanks, you are so right Viera isn't what it used to be but still can be good if you get there early enough before the walkers get there.
Impressive shots, Louie! Your skills are getting everything out of the Sony it has to offer! Incredible details and sharpness. So much more interesting than "birds on a stick" shots! Well done!
Thanks very much Karen, appreciate your kind words.
Nicely done. I find it ironic that while the technical part of photography is getting easier, that finding wildlife and great areas to photograph it is getting harder.
gary
thanks very much Gary, sorry we couldn't have gotten together on this trip.

Some very nice work Louie, Don't believe I've ever seen Snowy's hunting like that on the fly. I've always seen them in the wading throught the waters and then make their attack.
Thanks very much John.
Louie - Terrific action sequence. The second and last shot are truly exceptional. As usual, thanks for posting your work.
I appreciate your comments John, thank you.
Youre driving me nuts, and I had to say no to coming with you, what a shame! Awesome series, no 6 is unreal
Thanks Andreas, it was pretty sweet while I was down there.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom