A mother's love...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jim Strathearn, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Long story short, I went on location with my lighting and forgot my cameras. :eek: Luckily for me, my nephew joined me and he had my backup D70 and 50mm f/1.8 lens with him. I purposely shot this at 800 ISO w/low light to make sure I had some grain, although I think 400 would have done it... Let me know what you think.

175589843-L-1.

2. very nice Jim... the mood, composition and lighting are excellent...

3. Jim

I am by no means an experienced photographer, I was wondering why you left in wrinkles on her forehead, lines under the eyes and marks on her chin?

Was this in further development of your theme? i.e. the stress, effort and costs that mothers go through to give birth and raise children?

4. pauls2

pauls2 Guest

as a further query I would ask why you wanted to add grain?

5. I like it, well done. You have excellent tonal range in the image and your composition is good.

6. I like this image, tendency nowadays is to do too much "post production" and fake (for want of a better word), that perfect shot. I'm glad you kept the "wrinkles" in, it adds more depth and character to the image and keeps it "real" in my humble opinion.

7. Thanks Paul!

8. Dan,

Not being a glamor or typical portrait-type shot, I left everything natural.

9. the woman in the picture is a big fan of B&W and I tried to get that "low-light, high ISO film grain" look. She loved it.

10. Thanks for the nice comments Gordon.

11. Thanks Roy! BTW - I agree with you...