A neat function of the D2X

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Desert Rat, Dec 3, 2005.

1. This is something I used to do with my film camera and found out that with the D2X you can do something very similar.
    I learned this technique fom a book by Freeman Patterson.

This is a shot that consists of three different multi exposure shots done in camera. Each image is 10 frames and then in the camera the images are overlayed.

Creating a single image of 30 exposures. Done with a zoom lens that has a tripod collar. Each image is shot and then the lens is rotated while the zoom is adjusted in small increments. THis gives the swirl effect...

Enjoy

2. Nice abstract image, Eric.
    Freeman Patterson is one of my favourite photographers. I have learned a lot from his books about visualisation and composition. I'm waiting for my D200 to try this kind of effect.

3. Thanks Dao Dang,

I used to do this stuff with a film camera... Now I can do it digitally and it is much easier...

4. That is a very nice image.

I love the tricks the D2X has up its sleeve. I've done some amazing time lapse stuff with it. Problem of course is that 12 MP movies are really really big. :biggrin:

5. yep it a neat thing I learned one day..

6. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Fab image

Very nice! What were you shooting to get this great texture/abstract.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.