A new answer to the "great photo assignment"fantas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vernon t, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Threads have occasionally asked "what would be your dream photo op".

A very good friend of mine has one of those dream assignments that have occurred to none of us.

She's the "CF card runner-girl" for the NBA finals here in San Antonio.

Her job is to stand inches from the court in the midst of the pro sports photographers watching the game until the need arises to transport a CF card from court-side camera to the culling/post-processing room.

It seems that at NBA finals there are two tiers of pro photographers. The front line shoots and fills CF cards. The pros in the back room go through the thousands of shots, selecting the best, post-processing the cream and interneting the result off to their respective news agencies.

For lesser usual-season games her spouse does both jobs, with selection, PP'ing and emailing during halftime and after the game. Finals demand more timely responsive results apparently.

Her day job is a full time physician...different sort of responsibility to say the least.

Unfortunately she finds no need to enlist an assistant. I let her now that, should the need arise I'd check my busy schedule and try to help.

To gloat a little I was given, today, two terrace level VIP suite tickets for Sunday's game. :D I love the games, but it's a little bizarre that if I choose to sell the tickets on EBay I'd get enough to go to Europe or maybe but a 200-400VR!

Go Spurs Go.

2. GeneR

GeneR Guest

I'm pulling for the Spurs as well, but I think I'd have to consider watching the game on TV if it would pay for a 200-400 VR. Priorities may vary among us, but a 200-400 VR will last forever.

I was in grad school at Wake when Tim was there. He is an amazing player, of course Manu is as well. I admire the way both of them don't fuss at the refs over calls or act like they want to fight after a hard foul. They just play the game, and they play it well.

Gene

3. Yes.
    The CEO of our hospital had about ten tickets to distribute to docs. I chatted with him about how he, I and our spouses could spend a weekend in Paris with the EBay procedes from four prime tickets, but I prefaced the statements by saying "I know it wouldn't sit well with your boss but....". Selling a gift is quasi-acceptable only if the giver never knows.

I'm at work laboring a woman with a baby boy on the way. She's pushing, as I type. She says his middle name is going to be Ginobili. She's kidding...I think...or at least I hope.

4. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Nice!