A new member of the family--(soon)

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We had an exciting weekend here and I wanted to share the news. Daughter No. 3 got engaged last night. We love the young man and are excited he will be joining our family on November 19. Here are a couple of shapshots of the happy event last night.

My daughter the "ham"--she is even getting her more serious fiance into the act.

View attachment 13434

View attachment 13435

View attachment 13436

View attachment 13437

Just snapshots--but I think that recording family memories are the best thing a camera can be used for!!!

I am still struggling with the color profile thing. I just can't seem to get my two monitors configured the same even with an Eye-one, so still not sure which one has more accurage color.

How do the skin tones here look to you--please be honest, I am trying my hardest to figure this out. Heather has an olive complexion and Beau is more fair--but both are tan.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. All my best to the newly engaged couple.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Terri,

Please tell your daughter and future son-in-law that your internet extended family wishes them all our best in their upcoming wedding. May they be blessed with all of the best that life has to offer!

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    He looks like a nice square jawed young man. Congratulations to all of you and your family.

5. The last image is just great. Definitely made me chuckle, Terri. They are all wonderful shots. Congrats to your daughter and future son-in-law!

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    The skintones look great, but

Tell him to stop squinting so much. Good shots, Terry. I'm sure he'll make a welcome addition to the family.

7. I am jealouse haha. Because you have now also the oppertunity to shoot Wedding photo's.

But congratulations to your daughter and her fiancee. And congratulations to you and your family.

It looks like they both enjoy it when you take there photographs. So the camera accepts him to. Nice photoshots for the family album online and offline.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

8. Terry I think the skin tones look quite good. Your daughter is darling and the young man seems to be a good match for her. Congratulations.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thank you Leigh. We just love the young man. His family has a dairy farm--and this boy knows how to work!!! It is a happy time for us.

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Frank. You are always so kind in your comments. I'm sure there will be lots more documentary on the whole wedding process here before the event is over. Hope you all don't get tired of it.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Scott--where do you live in Utah? My daughter in these pictures has been a BYU student for the past two years, although she will be transferring to BYU Idaho in January. I have another daughter who lives in Lehi, and a sister in Salt Lake City.

By the way, this is a very nice young man. His family owns a dairy farm here in southeastern Idaho. He knows how to work hard. We feel so lucky to be getting him in our family. His family is fantastic to my daughter, so everyone is happy.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Nick. My daughter is always making me chuckle. She loves to laugh and is quite a comic.

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Re: The skintones look great, but

We'll have to work on keeping the eyes wide open. I think he sort of has a natural squint anyway. He is a very good looking guy. 6'7" tall. I hope I can show that in the pictures. It will be a challenge photographing them together. He is 15" taller than my daughter.

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi VinceBeus. It will be fun taking their pictures during the engagement. They want me to make a photo video to show at their reception. I think it will be a fun project!!! Thanks for your comments.

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Gordon.
    Thanks for letting me know how the skin tones look to you. I have two monitors, one on a laptop and the other an LCD. I calibrated them, but just can't get them both to look the same. My laptop, that I use all the time, has quite a bit of red in the skin tones. Just wondering if they look ok to others. I hope you can give me advice on shooting engaged and newly married couples. I know you have done some of it. I will hire a wedidng photographer, but still want to do some of my own.

He is 15" taller than her. I need advice on shooting couples that are so different in height.