A newbie and the D40.

I'm completely new to the DSLR world and pretty much photography in general. I've learned a great deal already and have so much more to learn.

I've only had the D40 for a few weeks and enjoy using it more than I had hoped. Photos below were all taken with the 18-55 kit lens and nothing has been done with the photos except for cropping or converting to BW.

I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

Thanks,
Paul

1...Feeding the ducks down by the river
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2...Just swinging around
View attachment 226518

3...Family pic...taken by my wife
View attachment 226519

4...Just being a kid
View attachment 226520

5...The Japanese Beetle...they are just plain nasty
View attachment 226521

M

mcfun61

I like your DOF in 3 and your macro shot of the beetle. I think your doing very well. I hope you participate in the challenges and have fun!

Very nice images Paul. Welcome to the Café. :smile:

As far as feedback, keep shooting and hang around here as much as possible. You are certainly off to a really great start.

What a cute family you have! Your daughter is adorable...I love her "fish lips" in #4!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for your very kind comments. There's so much to learn but having a blast so far.

I have been blessed with a great family...my daughter's at that age that once I pick up the camera it's all silly faces.

Paul

Well you definately have an eye for this stuff. You capture great expression. Keep shooting and welcome to the Cafe!

Excellent -#2 is my favorite! I like the way you've separated the beetle from the background also

I'm pretty new to the world of DSLRs but when I first posted I was given great advice to always sharpen my images. Not sure what software you have but I think most programs have sharpening controls - it make a big difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you Seneca and Mart61.

Leah, thanks for the advice. I'm fortunate that my wife is a graphic artist so I'll let her do the magic in photoshop.

Paul

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom