A newbie's attempt at flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I feel more comfortable photographing kids, but thought I'd give shooting flowers a try....Let me know what you think and how I might improve.

18869067-L.

18869050-L.

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I'd suggest you should pay more attention to the background, also trying to make a stronger and more challenging composition.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I guess I still don't know enough to even know what to look for as far as a background goes...thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind the next time I'm out shooting.

4. Kids are always fun to shoot. I think your off to a good start, Leigh!! :D :D :D :D :D

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Bryan. I told Flew the other day, sometimes I hesitate to post because my pics aren't as good as everyone elses. But I can help sharing when I think I've done a decent job....I suppose it's all about the process of learning.

6. What is most important in photography is how you feel about the images. I like the first one and by way of critique for the second I would try to find a background that was darker than the subject. Sometimes this is difficult to do and so you open it up a little with fill flash.

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    True...true...I liked both shots okay. I liked the composition of the second, but like you say, was difficult to do w/a lighter background. I actually tried using the fill flash, but I didn't like the effect...I didn't look natural. I guess in the end I actually liked the way the afternoon sun looked in the background, even if it was too bright compared to the foreground. I'll have to try again and see what I can come up with. Thanks so much for the tips!