A No Bird Post well Just a little one

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Aug 25, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thought I'd visit my friend over in the Marina, and see how the SB800 would work with him?
    He's so dark and against the water has always been hard to expose for. Don't think I did that well.

I think he's getting Old :frown: well so I'm I :redface:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could not let a post go by without some kinda little birdy so here's one I shot the other day. Actually was just trying to shot the rusty pipe when he decided to land there :biggrin:

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    GEEEEEEE WIZZZZ a seal.. How wonderful is this.

Nice images.

3. I think these are very well done images BF. By the way, most of us post our first name in the Signature line and that helps all of us to know each other better. No requirement to do so but if you feel comfortable in doing that it would be great. :smile:

4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Nicely done Ben. What sort of range were you from the seal? Did he react to the flash?
    Rob.

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I'm like you Gale I get all excited when I see him, but you know the guys that work around there are kinda HO HUM about it. They let me go out on the dock where they load the 1/2 day boats with bait, that's where he hangs out most of time.
    I'm really glad you like !!

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Afternoon Gordon and thank you
    My signature/real name has always been there, but I took your advise and made it bigger and bluer (my fav color :smile: ). Hope that's OK now ??

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey Rob
    he rolls around the bait tanks I guess anywhere from 15 to 50 ft. out. You only get a quick shot of him, cause he'll surface and then dive as quickly and you never know where, just kinda gotta watch the water ripples as he comes up or sometimes the gulls will hover above him and try and steal his fish :biggrin: the flash no biggie to him never even gave me a second thought.