A Northern Moment...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Doug Barber, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Greetings:
    I thouight I would through out an image that kind of gives the viewer a "Northern moment"
    Not that it's all that special... but what the heck

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    special

:smile:

Everything you do i SPECIAL.

but you knew I was going to say that ..

Really is quite beautiful.

3. A nice image to contemplate just before you go to bed. The subtle color the tranquil lake and the silhouetted trees make this image special.

4. I Like it a lot, hope you have more to post, how did you get that blue sky so deep in color?

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful image, Doug! Very peaceful feeling created by the shot.

6. Very nice...definitely an up-north feeling there!

7. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Doug
    I'm always impressed with your art -work
    One thing if you don't mind, the frame work distracts me from the picture.
    It's to "heavy" I.M.H.O.

8. Greetings:
    I used a pol. filter to assist with the sky in the hopes that I could pull the blue down a little.
    Thanks for looking in....

9. Hi Hans:
    Yes you might be right.... I just sort of popped it on as I got ready to post it.... Not one of my better moves I guess....lol
    Hope all is well with you....

10. Thanks everyone for looking in on this one....
    I'm not sure this one will see much more than this post... But what the heck it's an image and it reminds me what I was looking at as I sat there looking out across the lake.
    Thanks again

11. I love the serenity of this shot. Have to agree with the others about how it accurately depicts the "up north". There's something magical about that part of the world. My father referred to it as "God's country".

12. Thanks Scott:
    you are right... The north has a feel all of it's own.....