A once in a lifetime sight for me :).

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jose Suro, May 3, 2007.

1. Hi All,

Ron (Reggie) and I went looking for meadowlarks the other day and while driving around we saw this wild turkey hen in a field next to the road. I hadn't seen a wild turkey in years!

The image is not on par with my other stuff but it was a difficult back/side light situtation.

What made it once in a lifetime sight for me was that if you look closely on the ground to the left of the hen, there are two chicks in the image!!

Thanks for looking!

Best,

Jose

[​IMG]

2. Nice catch Jose. Maybe not your best image given the circumstances, but you actually did make it look very pretty!

3. What a find Jose. I'd say you did very well given the circumstances you had to deal with, very nicely presented.

Louie

4. I fine job in difficult circumstances - actually the lighting worked in accenting the waddle so there are small gifts in every situation. I loved discovering the little chicks. :smile:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good Jose.
    I sure have never seen a wild one.

6. nice shot Jose.. we have lots of wild turkeys around here, some who are almost domestic, as we can walk right up to them, but i have never seen them with chicks.

7. That is so fun, a great capture. Thanks

8. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    That is great! How lucky to have the little chicks in the image, too.

9. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Given how smart they are, great image.

10. Thanks everyone!! We went looking for them again today and they were nowhere to be found. Shows to go you :).

Thanks again!

Jose

11. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    What he said. making the hen look pretty is quite a job, they are the ugliest up close. This one looks attractive, and I suppose she is, to other Toms.