A pair of Swans

Discussion in 'Birds' started by EdMac, Feb 6, 2005.

1. This was taken at Turkey Point near Port Norris NJ during my visit to the Cumberland County Raptor Festival.

Comments welcome as usual :)

l 15394083-M.

2. Hmmm, "Raptor Festival" and we have an injured GBH and a pair of swans. So, doesn't your camera work when you point it at the sky :?: :lol: :lol: You know that is often where you find raptors........ :wink:

Nice swans, I like the compostion. They posed well for you.

3. Hi Bill,
    Yes we were at a Raptor Festival. but the Raptors were visiting other sites. There was still a lot of ice on the river and meadows. Here is a link to some of my shots. :D

http://ed.smugmug.com/gallery/386239

4. Man, do I know how you feel. I went out yesterday morning with some friends expressly to shoot the Trumpeter Swan Flyout. Weather held nicely, clear and blue at the right spot. Even had a few dozen birds when we got there. Unfortunately, most of them left an hour earlier than they normally do, complete lack of light. Like last Sunday, went looking for Bald Eagles. That day we had no cooperation from either the birds or the weather, until we found a big flock of Snow Geese. Just have to keep looking, right? Always something of interest around. For some strange reason I find it much more difficult to have birds and animals follow direction than people, even kids :wink:

In truth, I think this is one of the things that attracts me to this type of subject. No only unpredicatable in behavior when you know what you are looking for, but it really makes you keep your eyes open for other opportunities as well, eh?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ed's cold day out

Hi Ed,

Boy it sure looks cold out there. I enjoyed going all the way thru your gallery. Nice series of the events of the day..

You have some beautiful images of those swans.

Thank You for sharing,

Cheers
    Gale

6. Well done Ed. The swans cooperated with a really nice pose.

7. Re: Ed's cold day out

Hi Gale,
    Thank you so much for your comments. It was a nice day for an outing. Really it was quite comfortable at arounfd 45 degrees. You know me, I had to try and document the outing as well as get some bird pictures. My little Coolpix 5200 came in handy.

8. Swans

Hi Gordon,
    We were out for Raptors, but they were not cooperating. I guess food was plentiful elsewhere. Thanks for your nice words.

9. Nice

Ed
    Very nice shot love the color looks great

10. Re: Nice

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your comments. We missed you on Saturday. :D