A payback moment..... (please share)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Being a parent is the hardest job in the world, in my opinion. It's also the most important and rewarding.....

A huge payback moment is watching your child become a parent. My second daughter gave birth to her first child last week. This week I have been able to spend time with her, helping her recuperate and helping her adjust to her new life. It's a most wonderful time.

If any of you have photos of your child as a parent that you would like to share in this thread, please feel free. I would love to see them. Or, if you have any other payback moments in parenting to share, please do so.

We hope to get some better photos of my daughter and the baby as soon as she feels a bit better. A C-section can take a lot out of you...

original.gif

View attachment 256753

View attachment 256754

View attachment 256755

2. Terri:

I don't have a photos to contribute, but that last picture sure is neat. Congratulations.

Michael

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Isn't that just amazing - just beautiful Terri. I'll have to post in about 10 years or so. :biggrin:

4. What a great idea for a thread.

My kids aren't parents yet, but I had a payback moment on Father's Day. In church one of the youth leaders was giving a lesson on fathers and their importance in the youth's lives. When he asked the group what were some things they appreciated about their dads, my 16 year old said one thing that's important to him is that I'm always there for him no matter what. When someone related that to me later it brought tears to my eyes. Still does.

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Your kids are extremely fortunate to have you.

I too love that last photo!

6. LynnTX

LynnTX

Jun 23, 2008
    Texas
    Son & Twins

DSC_1006.jpg

My Son had preemie twins in May. They spent 3 months in the hospital. Very scary at times. They are 4 months now - at home and healthy.

In the pic is my wife with Lilly & Isaac & the proud father, Jeremy before they were discharged from the hospital.

Lynn

7. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    I'll have photos of my soon to be nephew in about a month! I'm very excited about this little guy.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Michael.

I bet your kids have given you a payday for all your hard work at some point. In 10 years I hope to see a grandma photo of you!!

That is a great story, Brian. Knowing what little I do know of you, I bet you are always there for your family, friends, and neighbors.

Thanks, Linda. Your kids are still too young, but someday you will know what I am talking about firsthand.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
  10. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    It's crazy, but I told my husband that while I'm done having my own children... I kind of look forward to grandkids.

My oldest isn't even 3 years old yet. LOL

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Lynn,
    I had an incredibly similar situation. In December 2006, my daughter had preemie twins who were in the hospital for 2 1/2 months. It is a very scary time. Your photo reminds me so much of our situation. But to give you hope, you should see them now.....strong, big, healthy boys!!

Congratulations on the babies. You will enjoy them so much.

Here are my twins.

Then
    original.gif

Now--with their dad and brother
    View attachment 256769

View attachment 256770

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    It's a great thing to look forward to. The really only great thing about getting old.....

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Nephews are special, too!!! Hope you enjoy him very much. My youngest daughter sure enjoys her niece and nephews.