A pensive moment

Discussion in 'People' started by Bohdan, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Couldn't pass up this moment. A picture of my niece from Norway at my nephew's wedding in Oakville Ontario. Should have taken the time to deal with the shadow on the wall ....but as an afterthought decided it wasn't too bad! What do you think?

[​IMG]

Bohdan

2. Beautiful young lady and your have caught her in a special moment. I like it.

3. Thanks Gordon...she did an incredible job at the wedding - even sang a song solo ( which was beautiful ) in front of 500 guests.....That took some nerve!!!

Bohdan

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the shadow, your neice is a lovely young lady and I enjoyed seeing your picture!

5. Bohdan, very nice shot of a pretty little girl. The light is interesting in that shot...it's like it's gradually falling off r-l. The shadow can be softened in PS if it bothers you. Seems to be just a tad dark to me.

6. Thanks for your comments Frank..The more I look at the picture the less I am concerned about the shadow.

Bohdan

7. Great cpature a priceless expression for sure

8. Thanks for your comments Kevin...How would I "soften" the shadow? Generally I just clone things out...though because of the pattern of the wallpaper that could be labour intensive. Did you mean the shadow seems a tad dark or the picture as a whole? I processed this on my lap top - so...never really sure about how the end product would look to others on the web.. My CRT monitor is much more reliable in that respect as it is not dependent on the tilt of a LCD screen .

Bohdan

9. The moment was well captured. This picture says alot. Great job!

10. Thanks Dave for your comments. She is a mature little girl for her age. Her parents should be proud of her.

Bohdan

11. I'm no expert by any means and just learning these tricks myself but possibly by doing a feathered lasso around the shadow edge, duplicating that selection as a layer, blur it, then adjust the opacity of that layer. It may be tricky due to the striped pattern in the wallpaper. Conversely you could use a mask and "black out" the stripes, leaving the inbetween sections blurred. Maybe I'll play around with it tonight if I get a chance. It may not be worth the effort. :)

I was referring to her face in particular. To me, it looks like it could use just a bump in lightening.

It's a very nice picture of a beautiful young girl.

12. Thanks Kevin...I'll play with your suggestions tonight at home.

Bohdan

13. Wonderful shot.........love the lighting!!! :D :D :D :D

14. Thanks Bryan...

the moment seemed right!

bohdan