A Photo Is Born Every Minute

Haha, ok, so I'm corny. I'd like to show a couple of views of the PT Barnum Museum in Bridgeport, CT. I had great sun and sky this day so putting a polarizing filter on my lens worked out nicely. I really like this building and it's cool that a major bank building has grown up around it.

12+Barnum+Museum.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In color

13+Barnum+Museum+2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and another shot in black and white

Thanks for looking and comments and critiques are certainly welcome.

Ah thanks, that I like more with black and white is that it doesnt have the "background" building distracting on the right side. Gives a nice contrast beetween old and modern type off architecture. Also the vertical line with the streetlight, flag makes the you notice the eagle off top off building.

Overall I love the composition more on the black and white.

Have you tried to lighten up the sky? Just thinking maybe it will balance the shades a bit nicer.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thanks, Sunesha, I'll try playing with the sky. Since I was using a polarizer I was going for as dark as possible because I could. It never dawned on me to make it lighter. Thanks!

Thanks, Sunesha, I'll try playing with the sky. Since I was using a polarizer I was going for as dark as possible because I could. It never dawned on me to make it lighter. Thanks!
IMHO, it looks great with using polarization on color photos. But I personally often lighten skies off when I turn them into black and white.

Cheers,
Daniel

Latest threads

Top Bottom