1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A photo of my daughter Abby

Discussion in 'People' started by Jonathan, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    This is a girl who thinks she is not photogenic at all(?). Abby just turned 13 and the braces came off her teeth last week. This photo is almost straight out of the camera. Very little done other than levels, etc. Click the image for a larger version.

I have Louisville Sluigge for when the boys start to show up. Man I am going to be so unpopular.:eek: :biggrin:

Comments welcome

[​IMG]
    By jreed, shot with NIKON D3 at 2008-07-12

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    She is a beautiful young lady!

3. wonderful picture of a very pretty lady
    oh, and forget the baseball bat...
    take it easy.... get a nice .45 and just sit on the couch... :smile:

4. Wow, she's a stunner! Some of the prettiest girls I know all think they're not photogenic. I like proving them wrong. :wink:

5. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Thanks for the replies. The D3 with the 180mm do help me out a bit:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  6. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    She is a very pretty young lady Jonathan. Great shoot too. The .45 is a good idea, or you can do as our family dentist suggested regarding my own beautiful daughter - remove her front teeth top and bottom when she turns 13 and replace them when she turns 25. That should help keep the boys away huh? Our dentist is a real character...

7. Pretty lady, super sharp focus on the image. She has amazing eyes, wow.

8. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    She is beautiful. Just keep telling her, she will eventually believe it. You captured her wonderful colors perfectly.

9. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Thanks again folks for the replies.

I intended to mention that that is her actual eye color, no contacts or pp.

Sometimes they seem vivid green.

Thanks God our girls look like their mom:biggrin: or I wouldn't post anything:tongue:

10. yoda1975

yoda1975

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    wow... the eyes... :biggrin:

a .45 might be too small in a few years time.. 12-gauge better? hehe.. the worry of all fathers. i've got a daughter too...

11. She's a stunning little girl! My goodness, I'm so jealous of her hair AND eye color......

You did well!

12. She is beautiful. She looks like a really NICE girl, too.

13. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Yeah, her eyes are just amazing and very captivating. I would definitely recommend a shotgun for sure. Your daughter looks very photogenic to me. Great shot!

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

she's too pretty Jon ....guna pray for u pal.....;-)

15. She's adorable and beautiful. My daughter's braces came off when she was 13, too, and just look at her now :Teeth:.

98814564.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've been through this. If you want to retain your poise, try not to remember what it was like to be a 16 year old boy.

16. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine

That's exactly what has me worried:eek: . I still remember:Love:

My wife says I'm a bit "old fashioned" and "too strict" when it comes to boys.

I'm afraid my poise will be tested time and again:biggrin:

Great shot by the way Frank!!! Time sure marches on around here.

17. Thanks, but it isn't my picture. It was taken by one of the ladies who attended the baby shower. It's a Canon picture :eek: .

18. Well, just be happy that photo wasn't taken when her braces came off.... :wink:

19. She is a lovely young lady and with her red hair, blue/green eyes and clear skin she is striking. Your image may be a tad oversharpened.

20. Very pretty young lady! *Mom better make it two Louisville Sluigge I'm sure there will be a line up:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.