1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A photo of my friend.. with 'yesterday's' technology...

Discussion in 'People' started by yoda1975, Jul 12, 2008.

1. yoda1975

yoda1975

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    had a wonderful studio session with a good friend of mine (and a non-model). done with 'yesterday's' technology.. my D300 + AFS28-70/f2.8. hehe... Cunning.

_D304509.
    NIKON D300    ---    56mm    f/11.0    1/125s    ISO 200

thanks for viewing! :tongue:

2. Would have been SOOO much better with a D700 :wink: So, what happened to her leg in the reflection?

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    The reflection looses part of her neck. Crop it a little more.

4. Cute girl and nice photo. How did you get the reflection?

5. very nice picture
    but, that reflection issue is a bit creepy... i think
    right down to the distorted shape of her reflected head

6. yoda1975

yoda1975

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    thanks! was experimenting with a sheet of discarded acrylic lying around in my friend's studio. read about creating a reflection online, so i decided to go about and try.... obviously not very successful. sigh.. :Angry:

the distortion might be due to the REALLY scratched up acrylic. looks like i've to go and get a sheet of new acrylic... now, if i can only find a place to hide it from my wife...

the missing reflection of the leg happened because the acrylic sheet was not big enough to cover the studio floor. i was trying to photoshop it back in without much success. in fact, i made it worse. apologies to those who found it creepy... :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.