A plug for Breezebrowser

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by jcdoss, May 22, 2007.

1. jcdoss

jcdoss

Feb 20, 2007
    Kansas City
    I think it was 2001, maybe 2002, that I bought BreezeBrowser for the tidy sum of approx $30. It came with a "lifetime" upgrade package, which sounded like a pretty good deal. Since then, BreezeBrowser has become BB Pro, the price went up, and the lifetime upgrade deal went away, but it's still one heck of a software package!

I use it for browsing new shots, culling the crappy ones, organizing photos into folders, and batch renaming. It's extremely versatile and it runs incredibly fast. It can't convert NEFs (it was designed around Canon DSLRs, and can therefore convert Canon RAW files but not Nikon), but it can extract jpegs from NEF images. I just spent about an hour extracting JPGs for a mini-archive as I prepare to offload some NEFs to DVD. The extraction procedure produces a JPG file just as if one had shot RAW+JPG and it takes nary a second to suck the JPG out of the RAW. How cool is that?! The RAW file is totally unscathed in the process. Interestingly, it turns out that the JPG that BB extracts is the latest saved version from NX.

Anyway, it just occured to me tonight how useful this software is and how much I've used it over the past five or so years.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  2. I second that! Great program. And I have their downloader program also.

Cheer
    Nancy

3. fishlips

fishlips

Apr 20, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    I also have BBP and Downloader Pro. Once you set your "shoots" you have a great and effective way to keeping track of your photos. DLP has just released GPS support if that is important for you.

I find DLP and BBP a quick way to cull thru hundreds of photos very quickly.

Randy