A Portrait of the Mumbai Slums final image

This image sums up all the issues I witnessed in Mumbai, India. I was welcomed into peoples homes in slums and camps for people who could not even afford to live in the slums. I was accepted by people, at no point did I feel threatened, I had no guide, no plan just a good skill at getting lost and approaching people.

however for all the good times I had, some of the things I witnessed were incredibly challenging, this image haunts me, the child lay on the platform where it had made its bed naked from the waste down and alone. I could not see the child breathing. People were stepped over his small vulnerable body on their way too and from work without glancing to see if he was breathing...this was the hardest image I have ever taken

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Powerful,Devastating & A Wake Up Call To Not Take Anything For Granted & Do More To Make The World A Better Place! Thank You For This Outstanding Series!

P

pics

why not straighten the verticals and crop a little to make this a really great pic?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom