A pretty neat sketch

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Catz, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Here is a picture where I helped a forum member out on DRP when I spent a lot of time over there. It is a skech action made by a member over there. Note...I did not take the picture only ran an action on it and made some other adjustments. Hope you like it. Any comments appreciated.

2. That's a rather cool effect! Can you provide details?

3. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Wow, that's the cleanest sketch action I've ever seen. Back in the dark ages (about 18 years ago), I worked for a computer/desktop publishing/copy shop in Auburn, Alabama and one of my jobs was taking photographs of buildings, scanning them (at 75dpi - eek), then tracing them in Adobe Illustrator to produce line sketches. This was extremely time consuming. It's amazing that you can almost get there with a few mouse clicks now.

A graphic design company that did vinyl graphics had us do the conversions so that their artists could produce identical building renderings with different color and graphic schemes.

4. Would this be Isabel's sketch action??

5. For Diane and Kevin...This was used using Brian James sketch action although I do like Isabels pastel action too. If anyone wants this action let me know and I can email it to you.

Chris...Thank you. Yes this is a clean sketch however it seems to work with photos that have lines in it but I have used this on many different kinds of photos including people.

6. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Melissa

I remeber you doing this in dpreview.

It looks even better now than it did then!!! I loved this when you first posted and think it is great.

Really nice work - cannot remeber which action or workflow you used - so, come on.......please remind me.

Many thanks -

Ray

7. Very nice Mellissa....I like it a lot :smile:

8. Melissa, this is a great work. Tell us more about it.

Would like to try this action.

9. Phil if you have an email, I will email it to you.

10. Very nice Mellisa, I like it a lot.

11. Hi Ray... This was used with Brian James 'Great Color Action'. If you want it, I can email it to you too. Let me know.

12. Thanks alot Gordon, Mike and Diane.

13. Somehow this one had slipped by me - could you e-mail it to me, Melissa? Thanks a bunch - you have my e-mail address. :smile:

14. Thanks Gordon.

15. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Melissa

Please can I take up your offer of the action being e mailed.

Looks really good.

Manythanks.

Hope you and family are well and ready for Christmas.

Will e mail you hopefully soon. - catch up with things

All the best

Ray

16. Hey Mellissa....me too, me too :biggrin: how about a copy...???