A Quality Photography Resource Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eng45ine, Nov 2, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I just wanted to share this website with all of you as I have found to be a great resource for digital photography. The site is www.shootsmarter.com and the membership is free. I joined on the recommendation of a friend and I find some of the information quite interesting. I have attended one of their free seminars and aside from the great information that they have to offer, the door prizes are outstanding as well. Please take a look at the site when you have some time...I think that there is somethere for everyone. They have a campus in Aurora, IL. (35 miles west of Chicago) and the cirriculum is quite advanced (and expensive, too!).

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Thanks for the info.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Looks interesting. Thanks Frank.

4. Frank, I went to one of Will Crockett's free seminars about a year ago. Got a lot of useful practical tips, especially about lighting and portrait photography.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. Yes, there were vendors there, but the hype wasn't too bad.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Virginia, I like your new avatar. :wink:

6. Thanks, Frank. The photo for the avatar was done with a 10 sec. exposure and illumination from a small flash light. Tammy Mallett, another Nikonite, was the photographer. It was a fun experiment. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to not move or blink for a mere 10 seconds!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. Thanks for the resource, Frank. And, thanks for trying it before passing it on. It's always nice to have stuff filtered through someone before getting it.

Have a good one.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great avatar Virginia! You remind me of Darryl Hannah in Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, so be careful with that bridge, K?