A Question For Illiah

I can not speak for Iliah, but I doubt he was offended by anyones words. He is not that type. I think what caused this was the lack of interest or response to RPP. Iliah is a good friend of mine. He didn't just spoon feed me information, instead he showed me how to get the knowledge for myself. It saddens me to see his knowledge lost here on the cafe.

RPP is a RAW developer. You can get more info about it here.

I can not speak for Iliah, but I doubt he was offended by anyones words. He is not that type. I think what caused this was the lack of interest or response to RPP. Iliah is a good friend of mine. He didn't just spoon feed me information, instead he showed me how to get the knowledge for myself. It saddens me to see his knowledge lost here on the cafe.

RPP is a RAW developer. You can get more info about it here.
I see the RPP thread was in the Apple forum, which I do not read (Windows guy.) Given I have no idea what took place, if there was a lack of response there, I hope he doesnt take that to mean all other areas on the cafe he comments and helps dont appreciate his help.

I see the RPP thread was in the Apple forum, which I do not read (Windows guy.) Given I have no idea what took place, if there was a lack of response there, I hope he doesnt take that to mean all other areas on the cafe he comments and helps dont appreciate his help.
I also posted it in the new RAW convertor forum and had about the same amount of success.

I'm just reading the previous posts about RPP and Iliah and am quite confused. I remember to have seen that original thread of Iliah, but since I don't have an Apple machine and since Iliah was not even mentioning what kind of application that .dmg file was, I didn't felt addressed.

I cannot yet follow the relationship between Iliah and RPP, if there is any, and if Iliah felt offended by none of the Apple guys responding to his post, that's sad. Sad that none had responded (though a little explanation what one had to expect from that .dmg file might have helped... "GREAT RAW PROCESSOR... TRY HERE" :wink:) but also sad that this is said (from my understanding) to be the reason for him to not take part on this forum anymore.

The technical discussions with him were very valuable for me in gaining a better understanding of my camera and raw processing in general and I deeply hope he will change his mind soon.

Oops. I have to apologize :redface::redface: the posting had Raw`Photo Processoir, RPP written over it, so please ignore my remark about that post being non descriptive.

I don't think he wrote any code for it, but I know that he helped in other ways including the camera profiles. The color is as good as from Raw Magick. Perhaps better in some areas. While it may not have the fine controls or produce the amount of detail that RM does, it is quick and Mac native. If the image doesn't need the help of RM then I will use RPP and do a quick conversion to a 32bit tiff and work it from there.

I don't think he wrote any code for it, but I know that he helped in other ways including the camera profiles. ...
Charles :

Well, I kind of missed this whole thing with some deadlines I was working on, hence not scanning all of the sub-fora closely; but in all fairness, there are a lot of us here who don't use Macs, and may not be able to offer a great deal of constructive feedback on the development of RAW processors. No "insult" or "abuse" intended - some of us just aren't the "right" ones to respond.

Honestly, Iliah's work and commentary were often at a level of understanding of the digital realm far above my own. He had a knack for explaining some rather esoteric concepts well, and I looked forward to his posts, but I don't think I was part of any target audience for this new product/concept. I also don't believe that my sending a post that essentially said, "I have nothing to offer about this" was going to contribute positively.

If you're in touch with Iliah, please feel free to communicate that a lack of response from some of us to this RAW processor wasn't intended negatively.

John P.

B

BigPixel

Am I the only one to notice that Iliah is possibly the only one on this site not responding? Hope he's just on holiday or something. You ok Iliah?

Well, I use Macs but the initial post wasn't clear as to what was wanted and expected in terms of response, and even if it had been, because I've been quite satisfied with my current setup (primarily Aperture) I still would not have jumped in to test the new software because I didn't feel a need for it..... Not meant as a slight against the software program being offered for review, but I tend to stick to something once I've found it works for my needs and not to become too adventuresome in seeking out/exploring other new things that come down the road....

Indeed. He is busy this time of year.

I have asked him before to continue putting his knowledge on the cafe. Not this time.

The Cafe is not like it once was. It used to be full of people trying to learn, and experimenting as they did it. In my opinion there are many here just to get patted on the back. I don't see many that are still thirsty and don't want to be spoon feed from a chapter in a book.

Rant OFF

Yes, Charles, I've noticed how you've changed in your posts here too - all part of life I guess.
You are right. My posts have changed as well. Who am I to post something that goes against what the "experts" believe.

Have to say, I've taken twice as many experimental photos so far in 2007 than I did all year in either of 2006 or 2005, so am probably more active experimentally that I have been.

Just it's all been UV - which isn't as "pretty" so I don't post the learning shots, and the "keepers" can't be published yet anyway, or they'll be ineligible for publication later.
Thats good Paul. I too have been experimenting and learning. When I do post those I get so few replies or questions that it just isn't worth it anymore.:frown:

It seems to me that misunderstandings happen so easily on Internet forums. It is so hard for some of us to communicate only through the written word. Meanings are so much more clear when you can see the body language as well as the environment of the communicator.

Iliah has helped me a great deal. Often times his explanations are so far above my knowledge that I don't always understand what he is trying to say. Once he was helping me and I wrote back and asked questions on what he was trying to explain. He was so patient with me and kept with it until I understood. I am so grateful to him. Because of him I have a beautiful monitor that seems to be calibrated correctly. It has helped me in my post processing immensely.

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help out with his question. I hope he realizes how many people here do appreciate him. I'm not a MAC user and really didn't understand what he was asking us to do. Sorry that I didn't ask questions, as I'm sure he would have been patient with me again in explaining what it was he needed help with.

Best wishes, Iliah. Hope you see this thread so you will no how much you are missed here.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom