A Question TO JPEG Shooters

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Gramps, Aug 4, 2008.

1. I find myself shooting more JPEGs do to a lack of time to post process. If you shoot JPEGs what processing software do you use?

Thanks for your reply.

Les

2. when i do shoot .jpgs.... photoshop CS2 on my mac
    not the most up-to-date software.... but, i know it.... and that's half the battle to me

3. same here. I use photoshop cs2 to do all my processing and resizing

4. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    I used to use Photoshop CS3 but after installing Lightroom 2 I find myself using LR almost all the time.

5. Photochop CS2

6. I shoot RAW almost exclusively, but my wife insists on jpeg only for her D40. And when we travel, she takes 2 or 3 times as many pictures as I do. So I process her jpegs in Nikon Capture NX2 right along with my RAW files. I have learned several worthwhile corrections in NX2 that are not available in Photoshop CS3 which I also have but seldom use.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    CS3 with it set to default to ACR for opening all jpegs

8. (Thinks to self: I'm about to learn my something new today :smile:)

Why do you want to open your Jpegs in ACR?

9. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    Because you have a lot of different adjustments at your finger tips all at once.

For example: HSL

10. Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS3

11. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    And if you do that, you can pretty much have the technical advantages of shooting RAW with the speed of processing JPGs, since LR really doesn't care what the files are.

12. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I shoot JPEG, try to get it right straight off the camera, and don't even bother to post-process much anymore. Too time consuming, or rather I just don't have the time to invest for what little tweaking my shots might tend to need. When I do PP, I use DxO exclusively. A bit clunky and buggy interface wise, but once you get the hang of it it's great. It's also much cheaper than the Adobe products.

13. I do a few in CS3, but for me, I find that NX2 is quicker to just touch up a jpg to get that extra from it...
    But really, they all do a good job, its just a matter of what you get use to using or interface you like...

14. Thanks to all who answered my inquiry. Your replies have been very helpful.

Les

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005

Hi Reptile Guy,

I like using ACR for opening jpegs for a few reasons....

- simple batch processing without having to make an action

- easy to use white balance controls

- efficiency

:)

16. Thank you both. I'll have to give it a try! :smile: