A Quick Analysis Of My Most Used Focal Length's In The Studio

I returned to Nikon and now shoot a D700. It's a gem of a camera.
Indeed - I have two :)

HI Alan,

I just plugged the numbers into an Excel spreadsheet and let it make the pie!
Er, that's not what he meant. He meant (I think) how did you find out how many times you'd used each focal length, not how did you create the chart. I'll guess at Lightroom.

I wonder how many times, when at full focal length, you take that step forward?

All of those shots at 70mm might actually be truly 85mm? Just a thought... :wink:

I wonder how many times, when at full focal length, you take that step forward?

All of those shots at 70mm might actually be truly 85mm? Just a thought... :wink:
It's something to consider but it doesn't change the numbers. Whether it's 70mm or 85mm, one step forward or one step back, the stats still reflect how I'm using my lenses.

Whether it's 70mm or 85mm, one step forward or one step back, the stats still reflect how I'm using my lenses.
This is very true and I didnt mean to suggest otherwise. Some people would just prefer the extra compression of the longer focal length :smile:

Hi all
Not been around much recently and I don't at the moment do studio photography. Sorry had to mention that, but I have found the postings that I read most interesting. Being past retirement age and hopefully selling up my business ,which has nothing to do with photography, the thought of moving and setting up a small studio interests me. On a hobby basis you understand, nothing out and out professional, so mentioning a lens I already own , the 24-70mm appears to be a very popular lens in this type of work.

Like anything one is contemplating taking up , gaining knowledge from experienced people is worth its weight in gold. So thank you for all the postings

Bazza

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom