a quick visit to Viera WL

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Trish5, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Hi,

Between processing wedding photos for my niece and all the rain here I have not been out to shoot at all for the past 2 weeks.

Today while the sun was out for about an hour I got my butt to the WL.

I got this shot of a Limpkin:
    [​IMG]

And I believe this is a juv green heron??

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Geeee trish wish you would have given me a call //would have met you for a few.

Cool Trish , love the limkin, really cool bird.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Very nicely done Trish,

Looks like an hr is all you need! 8)
    Btw, you profile doesn't list what part of Fla you're in. As you may know, I'll be down in Jensen Beach from Nov to May, so myabe we could put together a small "gang shoot". I'll be Gale would be up for that! :wink:

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Trish. It is nice to see you posting again. You have a real eye for the shots, and I enjoy seeing each one.

Don't be such a stranger. :wink:

5. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Hi Gale,

Thanks. It is very difficult for me to plan a trip up there. When I go it is usually spur of the moment because I can fit it in. But we will have to plan some shoots for those who are here. I'll be on vacation for a few weeks, but when I get back maybe we can put some shoot time together. maybe Kevin and harry can join us..

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Trish,
    Good Idea..

Have a great vacation.

Heck I can go at spur of moment alot of times. Just grab camera and run. Takes me about the same time to get there.

Look foward to an outing.

7. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Hi Frank,

Thank you :D I love using my 70-200/2.8 VR It has really helped me to get some great shots! Hopefully I'll get some decent keepers while on vacation in GA, NC and VA..

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Trish,

If you are coming up that far you ought to come visit Janie and me in Huntsville. We do have a few birds to shoot every now and then. :lol:

When are you coming up?

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Frank,

Thank you for the invite! Unfortunately this is a planned trip I am taking with 3 of my sisters. We do a road trip together every couple of years. None of them are into photography...they would rather shop :shock: They get excited about a sale the way I get excited about a good shot :D I appreciate your offer and maybe another time when I am free to shoot!

10. Hi Trish! These are great! You really have a good eye!

I went back to look at my pics but I think this might be a juvenile Least Bittern. I have pics of the adult and they look very similar to what you've got here. The adults have dark gray from the top of their head on back and you can just barely see it on your shot. The breast area had real faint markings on the adult, similar to what you've got here.

The only reason I know about this Least Bittern was I ran into that "expert" birder that day who gave me the lowdown. Then when he got back into his car, he stopped and showed me the bird in his book. He must be knowledgeable, cuz who goes there with only binoculars and no camera?

Anyway, looking forward to getting together. Just shoot me a PM when you guys get together. I think I need to go back to the zoo. Would be nice while it's overcast! ;)

11. Very nice indeed

12. Cool second shot, nicely done!! You guys and gals are spoiled with all those birdies on the east coast ;-)

13. Way cool! Love that little juve whatever bird! ;-) :lol:

14. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Hi Kevin,
    You are probably correct. First time I have ever noticed a bright colored bird at the WL. LOL...Maybe that guy had binocular camera??? That was funny. I see the sun this morning...WOW.....unusual sight here lately..I would rush out to shoot but I am afraid the mosquito's will carry me away...