A re-do on Gordon's Image....(pic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Gordon you did a great job on your daughter's image. Me being the "Deep Thinker" that I am... I thought I would take it and try to "glamour" it up a little. Boy what a mistake that was.... It's hard to improve on perfection....
    Oh well, Here it is Gordon... hope you won't be toooo mad at me.

[​IMG]

2. Okay so why are these stupid things embeding????
    Time to go have a glass of wine.....

3. Hi Doug, the image doesn't show up. Go into your edit and put the Img at the end of the image as well as at the beginning.

Gordon

4. I put the img marks as you said... but still no go.....

5. I will try to post this for your and see what happens.

You have done some very nice things here Doug. The background has been darkened, the frame definitely adds to the overall image and the softening of the skin is nice. I really appreciate the time you spent on this. For my tastes I think this may just be a little more glamourous than she would want. Her face is softened to the point that she does not look to be in her mid 40's. Then again, I may be wrong.

9. Here is a (no-soft version) keeping everything else the same....

10. I really like this one the best Doug. I have got to work on darkening the edges like you have done, this is a nice touch. Since the beginning I have always felt your processing skills were a step above. You certainly give me something to shoot for. Thanks again.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon add Doug,

Really great work. Beautiful lady. Like both versions. Perhaps dougs first one.
    The left eye looked more dull than the right. in the un-soft and in Gordons original

Cheers
    Gale

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That's the problem with any lens filter,

they soften *everything*, including the eye area, which isn't good. I've thought about using that black nylon stocking covering the lens, since I also just read about it, but it has the issue of softening everything. Best to learn this glamour treatment in post, and leave the eyes sharp. That said, I do think this is a nice shot, just the same. Good job Gordon, and Doug too with your post work. There's a really excellent action going around on FM People forum, that everyone is absolutely raving about. It is a little complicated, but once mastered, it's totally controllable for the amt of softening it does. I tried it just once, but got mixed up 1/2 way through and quit.