A re-do on Gordon's Image....(pic)

Gordon you did a great job on your daughter's image. Me being the "Deep Thinker" that I am... I thought I would take it and try to "glamour" it up a little. Boy what a mistake that was.... It's hard to improve on perfection....
Oh well, Here it is Gordon... hope you won't be toooo mad at me.

39297420.jpg[img]
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Doug Barber said:
Gordon you did a great job on your daughter's image. Me being the "Deep Thinker" that I am... I thought I would take it and try to "glamour" it up a little. Boy what a mistake that was.... It's hard to improve on perfection....
Oh well, Here it is Gordon... hope you won't be toooo mad at me.

39297399.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/39297420.jpg

Hi Doug, the image doesn't show up. Go into your edit and put the Img at the end of the image as well as at the beginning.

Gordon

I will try to post this for your and see what happens.

39297420.gif

You have done some very nice things here Doug. The background has been darkened, the frame definitely adds to the overall image and the softening of the skin is nice. I really appreciate the time you spent on this. For my tastes I think this may just be a little more glamourous than she would want. Her face is softened to the point that she does not look to be in her mid 40's. Then again, I may be wrong.

Doug Barber said:
greyflash said:
I will try to post is for your and see what happens.

Okay... so what did you do that I could not????
smart... alex....lol :wink:

I don't know Doug, the more I look at it the more I like it. Tell me what you did to get the skin so flawless??? Also, is this your own frame action or are you using one from a software developer? You are a kind man to spend you time helping me and others out with your considerable talent.

Here is a (no-soft version) keeping everything else the same....
39299253.gif

Doug Barber said:
Here is a (no-soft version) keeping everything else the same....
39299253.gif

I really like this one the best Doug. I have got to work on darkening the edges like you have done, this is a nice touch. Since the beginning I have always felt your processing skills were a step above. You certainly give me something to shoot for. Thanks again.

Gordon add Doug,

Really great work. Beautiful lady. Like both versions. Perhaps dougs first one.
The left eye looked more dull than the right. in the un-soft and in Gordons original

Cheers
Gale

That's the problem with any lens filter,

they soften *everything*, including the eye area, which isn't good. I've thought about using that black nylon stocking covering the lens, since I also just read about it, but it has the issue of softening everything. Best to learn this glamour treatment in post, and leave the eyes sharp. That said, I do think this is a nice shot, just the same. Good job Gordon, and Doug too with your post work. There's a really excellent action going around on FM People forum, that everyone is absolutely raving about. It is a little complicated, but once mastered, it's totally controllable for the amt of softening it does. I tried it just once, but got mixed up 1/2 way through and quit.

Latest threads

Top Bottom