A real fishing hole

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Louis Champan, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Well, now I know what a real fishing hole is after all these years. I was up shooting hawks and happened to come across this stream, where it was obivous the salmon were running back up stream. I saw some absolutely huge salmon being snagged, and I do mean snagged rather than caught. A pretty unbelievable sight for sure.

original.gif

Louie

2. tblazi

tblazi

Jul 9, 2008
    Croatia
    Heh, what "crowdy" fishing :) Nice pic Louie.

3. Like your photo, Louie. Looks like the tide is out. Could you tell what type of salmon they were catching?

4. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    With as crowded as it looks I bet one or two hooked a another fisherman :>)

5. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Are you kidding me!! That fishing hole will be fished out in no time.

Great capture.

6. They aren't fishing for salmon unless they use a fly. That's real fishing!

I saw a similar congestion in Newfoundland on a particular good stretch of water a few years back.

Good job catching the moment.

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    We used to fish like that for speckle trout (really weakfish) in the outerbanks. Shoulder to shoulder and just slay em. THey would school up in late sept & october and fatten up along a deep trough getting ready for the run down south.

What fun on light tackle & a plastic grub.

8. interesting shot, louie
    one reason to fish.... to relax
    i like the image, but THAT fishing hole doesn't appeal to ME, very much

just a WEIRD scene....
    but, well shot

9. Thanks everyone for taking a look and commenting. I just thought the entire scene was an interesting one. Not necessarily my type of fishing, but they were having fun. I think they were after King Salmon, due to the size of the ones I saw caught.

10. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Good grief! Standing room only eh?

11. Nice shot. Reminds me of opening day of trout season in NJ.

12. Nice perspective. I havent been fishing in a long time Louie. If it is like that I dont think I will plan on going either :)

13. That looks more like combat than fishing. I'll pass. I like a fly rod, and a more contemplative setting.