A really FUN new toy.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I love making slide show of my photos. Since I did the photos for my dear friend, Debbie's, wedding a couple of weeks ago, I decided to upgrade my software. I have been using ProShow Gold and loved it. I upgraded to ProShow Producer for $200 more. It has a lot more bells and whistles.....

I'm addicted......

Here is my first show. If you want to watch it, you have to download a small plug-in from the PhotoDex website. It is a reputable company and I wouldn't hesitate downloading it.

If you go to their sharing section, there are some fantastic shows you can view from other photographers that you might enjoy.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2839452&alb=0

Here are some shows from their featured photographers.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlight/featured

BTW, once a show starts playing, you can right click on it and choose full screen.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very well done.
    That is great software.
    Always wanted to get that.

3. Beautifully created and presented. You sure must have had fun. Thanks for sharing it with us.

4. Nicely done. That's a fantastic program with a lot of capability. I did a real quick slideshow last year then did a more complex one from my last trip to Disney World this spring. My only complaint is sometimes some transitions aren't very smooth when done as a web-show, but overall they're usually good. I formatted the 2nd one to fit the HD-TV ratio and made a DVD out of it. The results really look good on the plasma.

Here's a webshow of the last one I put together: click here (same deal, you have to let it download the player to get it to work).

I have fun trying to get the music and the visual segments edited together. I get my slides in the rough order and timing I want, check the length of the show segment, then use iTunes to sort my music by time. That makes it easy to find music that is roughly the right length for the show. You can expand or contract the length of visual portion of the slide-show by changing the timing between slides slightly, or slow/speed the transition effects.

PS: Some PC users have trouble using Firefox to play webshows. If FF won't install the plugin have your viewers use Internet Explorer to download the plugin the first time, then switch back to FF - it usually ends up working that way.

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Start saving your pennies. It is worth it and fairly easy to use.

Hi David. Thanks. Do you ever make slide shows of your photos?

Hi, Scott. You've given me some good tips here. Your slide show is fun. Reminds me of the slides we loved watching as kids of our trip to Disneyland. We never got tired seeing those old slides. Your music was perfect for each chapter.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Scott that is a marvelous Disney movie:>)))))

what lens did you use most.
    widest I have is 24
    24-120 VR

I have been there 32 times and have never seen it all. They keep adding things and I haen't been there in many years.

7. Thanks Terri. By the way, if you have any viewers that have stuttering problems with your webshow, or slide transitions that aren't quite right - just have them start playing the show, hit pause for awhile, then start up again. Usually the show will load in the cache enough so it plays smoothly the second time through.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Funny that this thread resurrected after a year. I haven't used ProShow for a while, but just bought a new book and plan to learn more soon.

10. Yup. You can download a fully functional trial Here.

Once you get the hang of using keyframes in layers, the possibilities are endless. :smile: