1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A right decision for me....

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by dgcrane, Sep 1, 2008.

1. I had my 300 VR up for sale, to buy a 500mm AF-S II. I quickly came to senses when I realized the bath I was gonna take on a virtually brand new lens.. Thinking about it a little, I think its the right choice anyways, plus it works quite well with a 1.7 which gets me to the 500mm mark if I need it.

[​IMG]

I took this today btw with the 300 and my ole D2Xs :smile:

2. Beautiful!

3. Wow! Crazy sharp capture......I need some pro glass asap. With images this nice who cares about cost........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

4. Thanks for the nice comments. I dunno, now I am waivering back to the 500mm lens for some reason.. Those big lenses are like crack :) 

Darren

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    That is one fine shot! The answers to the right lens can be one lens one day, another lens another day. In the end, thre is no right answer, only right shots-

6. You know Doug, your right... Man that gets expensive though :biggrin:

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Darren

7. I'm almost tempted to get a 300mm 2.8 again. Though I got a 200 f/2 VR and 200-400 VR, I still miss having a straight 300 mostly for bokeh and low light telephoto situations where the 200 doesn't cut it.

8. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    What about the combo of a TC (1.4, 1.7, 2.0) with the 200 f/2 ... does't get some great shots, or not the same?

9. Normally I would not ask about something like this, but I don't want impulse to take over and leave good sense behind... Does a trade which involves my mint 300 VR with CPL1, lenscoat and RRS foot + Zeiss 100 makro + 10.5mm fisheye for a pristine LNIB 500mm f4 AF-S II sound reasonable ? I am thinking that the 300 on D2Xs is nice, but worry a little about when I get an FX camera so the 500 would be what I am more used to right now...

Thanks for any thoughts...

Darren

10. great shot
    i'm glad that you "came to your senses."
    something i find more and more difficult to do when i comes to lens lust :redface:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.