Critique A safe spot.

I really love abstract from moving water. I like to shoot them, and print them.
The biggest problem, is no one else really likes them, at least locally. But that is ok, these are for me.
I am amazed I can now handhold 235mm at 1/8sec and slower- and they are sharp. Vibration/motion control really does work wonders.
Gary

VApghtrip21811_crop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
You're just not famous yet, Gary. If you had a recognized name people would fall all over themselves for shots like this. I like it. Tell them that at the Starbucks of your choice and hand them five bucks and it'll get you a cup of coffee

Yes, thank goodness I am not a Dog yet. Dead Old Guy.
It does seem you have to be a famous Dog for images to be collected.
Or the piece needs to match the couch.
I sat along the river bank for a couple of hours just watching and shooting the ripples. These are almost too easy, but you never know what you are exactly going to get.
Thanks again.
Gary

İf you cropped the image to put the yellow leaf to the lower right of the image , you would eliminate most of the image but you would get another nice abstract .

İf you cropped the image to put the yellow leaf to the lower right of the image , you would eliminate most of the image but you would get another nice abstract .
Interesting you mentioned that. I actually sat here for about 30 minutes, and shot this at every composition I could imagine. I have the leaf everywhere, as well as multiple different sizes. I also shot most compositions at multiple different shutterspeeds. These are like my children, I like all of them. I had to pick one to print. I liked the idea of the leaf in a safe zone, so found this in several other areas as well. I had a blast. I think we could have all stood here and happily shot for 15minutes- and none of our pictures would look anything alike.
This is getting easier- it is a great time to be a photographer
Thanks again!
gary

Latest threads

Top Bottom