A salute to all you programmers!

PGB

I salute all the programmers that code all day long. I am not a programmer by any means. As you probably already know this forum runs on php a type of programming language. Today I installed a few mods to make the site run better. Little did I know what I was getting into. I actually had to know a little bit about what I was doing. Duh! I started with no knowledge of php and now know enough to be dangerous. I only deleted the whole website once. :) Fortunately I had a backup and uploaded it back to the server. I doubt anybody noticed the glitch.

I installed a series of codes that limit the width of images so we don't have to scroll to read everyones replies. It sounds simple but damn, it took me an hour. I feel so special now. :roll:

I usually only work on the hardware side of computers and the internet but today I understand.

Just thought I would share,

PGB

Thanks Todd,

I have really enjoyed learning how to do this. It helps to have an IT company though. I always know if I mess up, somebody that works for me can fix it. :)

Cheers,

Harris....

Har, har, hardy, har, har.... :?

You are so funny Harris....(not) :twisted:

Backdoctor said:
Great job Patrick. I know we all appreciate you and your work.

Uh, you too Frank.

Your good buddy,

Frank

Thank you Patrick

I would like to thank you for the effort that you put in to fix the width situation. You have made this site a lot more enjoyable to use. :)

Really nice work guys. I know it is not easy to make a lot of changes, especially all at once!

See you in a couple of weeks,
Bob

Patrick

Thanks for the nice haven you have created here, I am sure I am speaking for the group when I say how much I appreciate your hard work. You too Frank, see I am not liek Harris....lol

Me too Patrick

I really like what you are doing with this site. And I know what you mean about the learning curve learning new tools. Very much appreciated.

Re: Harris....

Flew said:
Har, har, hardy, har, har.... :?

You are so funny Harris....(not) :twisted:

Backdoctor said:
Great job Patrick. I know we all appreciate you and your work.

Uh, you too Frank.

Your good buddy,

Frank

Hey now, here I give you recognition and accolades, and all I get is sarcasm. Hmmm..

:D :D

Well.......

Seems to me that Patrick and Frank really owe US for giving them the chance, the opportunity, to learn all of this new and wonderful stuff. I mean, if it wasn't for us being pains in the butt and demanding every darned thing under the sun, what fun would they have? What would they learn? The answer, of course, is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! And then, guess what, I'll bet they would blame it on US of all things. So I say WE should get all the credit, yeah, that's the ticket, and now I think I am going to go find a deep hole with a very solid cover to wait out the massive amount of missly type objects that are probably coming my way :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, guys, much appreciated. Very well done in a very short period of time.....superb..... :wink:

Real Name
Chris
Total thanks!

Having run a website or two, I can appreciate the amount of detail work that goes into this. It's a lot of work, and really appreciated!

THANK YOU BOTH!

If it ever comes down to your needing help - financial or elbow grease - put out the call.

I said it before, and I'll say it again

since it was in another thread. Thanks to everyone involved with putting this site together. You did a real service to all us Nikon users!

Latest threads

Top Bottom