A Ship's Journey

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Lar, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Lar

Lar

Jun 12, 2005
    Washington State
    We had a great week end by Astoria, Oregon. We watched this large ship first pass under the Astoria bridge via the mighty Columbia River, then sail her way to mouth of the river, then out to the Pacific Ocean. Also a wonderful sunset to cap off the day.

2. A Honda ship, how neat. Your sunset images are well done.

3. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Actually the Honda ship is a Ro-Ro (Roll On Roll Off), which is specialized in Automobile transportation overseas.

Nice fotos Lar, specialy the sunset. Watch out for the horizon level though.

Roberto.

4. Brew

Brew Guest

I wonder what kind of gas mileage that Honda gets???

Looks like a great time to be on the water, thanks for sharing...

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Landscape and water images and beautiful colors.

Tad sideways horizons :>))))

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Lar I like the last two very much

If you ever get the opportunity to look inside those care boats , do it , it's amazing it's got decks who can lower just above the car it's a hell of a job to ride them all out.

7. Lar

Lar

Jun 12, 2005
    Washington State
    Thanks Hans. I seem to be having difficulty with level horizon's though.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lar,
    which editing software are you using :>))

Maybe I can help you with the leveling of your horizons. I know I had a tough time at first.

9. Lar

Lar

Jun 12, 2005
    Washington State
    Hey Gale. Thanks for the input, I think I must just be unaware while shooting. I really need to "focus" on the horizon when I shoot. I use PS7, but I really need to get it right the first time, ie, film. I have noticed lately I've had issues with some pic's not level, I just need to stop look and click. Thanks for your help and intrest in others, that says alot for your character Gale.

10. Hi Lar -

I like the sunset shot a lot, and as others have said, a bit of clockwise rotation would make it even better.

I like the dark bands under the sun which, combined with the dark waves in the foreground, initially tricked my eye into thinking that the sun was somehow splitting the surface of the water.

Eric

11. Lar

Lar

Jun 12, 2005
    Washington State
    Made the horizon adjustment.

12. Brew

Brew Guest

Very nice, wish I was there sipping a beer :wink:

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lar,

Very good. That is a gorgeous image. One of the ones I really loved when I saw it.

I try to get my horizons straight also, however sometime I think of it after the fact because I am so envolved in the site I am seeing . :>)))

When I shoot I get very excited at a vision oor view of something that straight seem to come last to my mind. Not that I know I can straighten it later. :>)))

Thank You for your nice compliment.

Yes I love helping where I can.

14. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Hi Lar, have you considered using the 'Grid' overlay in the diopter, it may save some PP work. :wink:

15. Lar

Lar

Jun 12, 2005
    Washington State
    Hey Rob. After the fact, I did. lol. Thank's for taking time.