A simple finch

I am just amazed at the amount of detail that one can achieve with the D2X. Shot with the D2X and the Nikon 300 f4 with tele converter at ISO 400
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That is indeed a very detailed picture you have made. But a very nice capture as well. I like the sharpness, from top to toe 8)
Good background as well, I like the two shades of green. It is always nice to see green involved when it comes to shooting animals.

Keep on shooting those high-detailed pictures

Regards

Johan

G

Gordon Large

Hey Mike -

That detail sure is impressive! :lol: Nice capture too. Do you use fill flash? Doesn't look like you did here, and it could use a tad. I've never tried it - mixed feelings about disturbing the bird. Really good photographers (that excludes me!) seem to be split on this.

Gordon

Very nice shot Mike. Like Gordon, I'm curious about whether you used fill flash.

Hi all and thanks for the comments, for this session I did not use fill flash it was just light enough and wanted to see what kind of detail I got with less than fast shutter speeds. There were not many birds this evening and when I use the flash it really gives them a startle so i opted not to, I probably should have pushed the exposure in post but to be honest just plain forgot...DUH

Latest threads

Top Bottom