a single flower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Doug, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    [​IMG]

I probably could stand to do just a little touch up on it yet, and get rid of that edge of thing at the top of picture, but I like the Trillium myself. :) 

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    nicely done

3. Cool, I haven't seen pink trillium before, all the ones here(WI) are white.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thank you! I liked it too. The angles are good, the bokeh is nice. nicely done Doug! haha.

ok, purists take note, I did fix 2 slight imperfections in a pedal, and removed distracting stick edge. Oh, the travesty of it!

Me, the guy talking about edits recently too! LOL.

I don't think these types of edits are bad though, helpful.

I did think it was really cool to stumble on the pink trillium. I have a few more shots to go through as well, not to many though, this may well be my very best Trillium this year, and it may be THE best for the year period for me...

I got majorly distracted with water yesterday, and didn't spend as much time as I could have on Trillium, I admit.

For anyone doubting the power of the Canon 500D on a 70-200 VR, this was the combo used here... I think I'll keep my 500D and 70-200VR a while longer. :) 

Doug

5. Very nicely done, Doug! I don't think I've ever seen a pink Trillium either! It's lovely! Your composition is quite suited to it and it is indeed a very pleasing image.

6. This makes me indecisive on whether to continue with this combo or get lighter dedicated Macro lens...

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Did I mention this was HANDHELD! Ack! I think I will go back and do this with a tri-pod and see if I can add any other nice images.

Thanks Connie. :) 

Sam, I have started to sell mine a dozen times. Each time, something says, nah, wait a while. Now this time, it may be off the market for good. :) 

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty
    Well done

9. Very nice image.

I don't want to steal your thread here, but I'd like to point out that the trillium can be either pink:

[​IMG]

or white:

[​IMG]

depending on where in the cycle you catch it. They are white when first opened, and fade to pink as they get older. The one you posted looks almost red! Never seen that. Must be the soil down there!

Ours haven't started blooming yet, and this current cold snap will hold them off a bit further.

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Jim, and for the explanation. Perhaps this is right, as I do have an image with partial pink from yesterday.

I didn't go browsing though a lot of leaves and stuff to get to them yesterday though. I'm a little snake shy at present, having seen one this week, and found out another one was in a cabin that I did not go into. Seeing 6 bears to boot, my camera hand was about as steady as a mixer, lol.

I'll post some more images as I get them processed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.