A sixteen second accident

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Beezle, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Accidentally hit the shutter this evening with the flash turned off. Stood and twiddled while I waited for the exposure to finish. Time went by. Hello!

Finally turned it off at 16 seconds. And this is what popped out.

[​IMG]

I kind of like it in a "what the heck is that?" sort of way.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It ... does want to make me figure it out, but I've a feeling that would be hopeless. There's a lot of stuff going on in there.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    thats interesting.

heehee

(now you will be up to all kinds of things )

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Your shot is interesting. I've got lots of pics like that one.

5. neat shot what ever it is.
    Dave

6. Twilight zone kind of freaky.

7. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Not that anyone (in their right mind) would want to do this with their expensive DSLRs, this picture reminded my of a Flickr group of photos taken by pressing the shutter button on a point-and-shoot camera or cell phone, then quickly tossing it in the air, spinning or tumbling it to create Spyrograph type light streaks. Here are some samples:

http://flickr.com/photos/tags/cameratossing/

8. Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Now that looks like a good time. I will try that with a Sony P200 in a few moments. :biggrin:

Also: I have yet to figure out what the living daylights those two stars in the image above are! I drove my kids crazy this morning asking them where they are. :confused:

The wide blueish things are a TV screen. The lights are I think an overhead light.

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Cool stuff.

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lololol Matt

Beezle see what you have started.

12. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Whenever I fall and the camera makes a release on its own, or I hear the shutter starts clicking away when the camera is tossed around in the back of my car (I'm a careful driver but Norwegian roads can be winding), or the shutter is pressed accidentally or whatever - I do check the ensuing images. Sometimes you can find interesting things there. I have the category aptly named "Random Surprise" in my data base for such pictures, and they have earned me $$$$ in the thousands during the last years.:biggrin:

13. There is something special about happenstance photographs.

Even when I press the shutter on purpose. I would say the best composed image I have ever taken was like this. The composition was completely an accident.

14. You can harness this technique, a bit

I try to visualize what my images may look like by moving my camera during a long exposure and sometimes adding a flash. With practice (digital makes it easy) you can harness this technique to a degree. But you gotta love the surprises.

15. I love the camera tossing. Let's see some "Camera Tossing" from our D2X users!:tongue:

16. You just had to make me do it, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Tossed D2X:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Didn't try very hard or toss it very high. Got a good spin though.