1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A sleeping baby, Deer.

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by kirbinster, Aug 17, 2009.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster

Nov 24, 2007
    NJ, USA
    Caught this baby and another one just resting on a nearby lawn. I first saw this on the way to pick my wife up at a train. The deer were still there when I came back 30 minutes later so I quickly went home and grabbed a camera -- and they were still there:

3832154474_97e54c2da6_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Great shot! I volunteer at an animal rehab facility and we have 4 deer that various people grabbed in the wild and took home as pets.

People don't understand sometimes that momma deer will leave baby sitting somewhere while they go off and find food. Sometimes for half a day. People find them, and think, Oh No! They have been abandoned and stupidly take them home!

3. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Awww, so cute. Don't see any here, thanks for posting.

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    We had a crazy lady down here in Florida do that with a 5-foot gator after it had been hit by a car. Gator woke up in her back seat and she wrecked her car AND went to jail.

Beautiful little deer!

5. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Yikes, she put a gator in her car, was she taking it to the vet?

I'm in Florida too, I swear it wasn't me :) 

6. wilvoeka

wilvoeka

Jul 4, 2008
    Ohio
    Awesome! Looks very healthy.

7. cadetrv

cadetrv

Mar 30, 2009
    Southern NH
    Nice shot... what a cute little fella!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.