A Slow Weekend

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Nov 14, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

This weekend I guess the East & West had much in common. As Harry mentioned in his post, but on reflection I am happy I was out there and glad I saw what I saw. Also hopefully learn a little something each and every visit :wink:

Egrets were dancing
    [​IMG]

Osprey weren't fishing and giving me dirty looks :eek:
    [​IMG]

Greenies and NH were there usual unfriendly selves
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still am memorized by their flight and there ability to stay so White!
    [​IMG]

And as I walked away I was reminded again of the beauty we get to capture and how much I dig Photography.
    [​IMG]

Hope you all have a glorious week :wink:

2. Hey looks like you cheated and went back on Sunday as well.. Geez and you did not even invite any of us? :eek: :eek:

Looks like you got a decent shot of the greenie flying by a few times and the osprey looked at you like you were a snack?

Nice images..

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Ben. I should have such slow weekends. :rolleyes:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Ben,
    Beautiful shots.
    Love the first ne with the wings spread. They are just gorgeous birds.

( I like them all)

5. Don't you just hate those slow days? Enough to drive a fotog crazy!! Glad you were able to shoot something though and these are all very nice.

Feeling your pain,

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Morning Eric
    Hey you were there, at least for a couple of them. What were you doing ?? :biggrin:
    I was yelling at Mr. Osprey go catch a fish will ya!!

Did you get my email?

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Frank
    Slow just not the right word is it. In fact your right it was a great weekend :wink:

8. you amaze me Ben. good stuff.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Gale
    You know that was my lucky shot of the day, hit the light and pose just so :biggrin:

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great shooting, Ben. You had the machine gun locked and loaded. I am amazed by how well you birders capture your images. I've tried, very unsuccessfully I might add, to shoot birds in flight...no easy task!!! The backlighting on the first image is quite striking and the water beneath the bird caught very nicely. The birds in flight...well, those images are just awesome.

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey Kevin
    thanks Kevin, pain is easier to handle when it is shared :biggrin:

12. All very nice Ben. That flower is great!

13. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Dave
    Wow thanks for those very nice words/comment!
    I wish my wife could see the light ........... that way she wouldn't hit the roof everytime I mention the need for new gear :biggrin: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ah Frank nice of you to say. Well you know most of my shots still find the trash more comfortable :biggrin:

I do so enjoy doing the Machine Gun thing and if a few get lucky all the better I guess :biggrin:

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good I'm glad you noticed my poor little flower :biggrin: The whole plant was in shade except for this one little flower, you know how sometimes it just hits ya there's an image there somewhere :biggrin: