1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A small cascade

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by krims@nline, Aug 6, 2008.

1. krims@nline

krims@nline Guest

Hi all,

20080806215705__dsc0013_20080726-192107r0.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A small cascade and a long exposure, (wet feet, but it was worth it ...) What do you think, any good ? Thanksfor looking, open for critiques.

2. pretty shot
    i like it

3. I'd shoot this with a ND04+CP or Intensifier filter...Over all, love the composition.....:biggrin:

4. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    I think this is a very nice shot. My only "nit" would be the tree branch in the foreground.

5. This is an interesting

long exposure of a small cascade. I like the smoothness of the water in the background, and the sense of motion in the foreground.

As a critique, I think that a more well defined subject might help. I am drawn to look at the stick in the foreground, but am not sure if that is what I need to see, or if there is something else that should be of more interest. There are other elements visible, such as the fern in the upper right that capture my eye.

6. krims@nline

krims@nline Guest

Can you pls. explain a little bit more, why sould you shoot this with a ND04+CP, the CP i can understand buth the ND04 ??

7. krims@nline

krims@nline Guest

I agree, the stick/branch in the foreground is drawning attention, maybe i'll have to redo this one, but without the sticck (could do it with PS, but i'd like to remove the stick from the water itself)

8. krims@nline

krims@nline Guest

I agree, it's drawning to much attention ...

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very nicely done. I like the muted tones :) 

10. 4 me adding a ND4 will make water more dramatic and silkier...try it out if you have the time....That's how I shoot with mine..Ck out the next thread by the way...example pic ....:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.